Our starter in the lesson was to recap on chapter 3 and answer the following question on what we have read in the chapter but also the first 2 chapters that mentions Gatsby.
We still dont know much about Gatsby as he still remains a mysterious figure throughout the first 3 chapters we read. As a class we came up with many personas of Gatsby and the rumors that has been spreading about him. We had to come up with quotes from the book to back up our ideas.
- We have been told "that he was a German spy during the war".
- Gatsby has been rumored that he "killed a man".
- Hes a scary person "id hate to have him get anyhting on me"
- Seen as a powerful figure as Nick interprets that "theres something gorgous about him.
- Hes seen as a romantic figure and a well known man
- "Hes was an Oxford man"
- Rumored that hes related to Euopean royalty
We had to put in order on what were the four most importanat factors upon Gatspy this was my order.
- Nicks impression on Gatsby
- Romantic figure
- The Gatsby rumors that "he once killed a man"
Our next task we had to think about AO2 which is language structure and form and what conventions that goes into writing in the AO2 especially for The Great Gatsby
- Gustory- taste
- Tactile- touch
- Romantic/Modern style
- sentence Structure
Realating to A02 we did a table and on the Key quotation on Chapter 3, What the image dose and What impression dose it give of Gatsby.
This is an example of what we had to do in the lesson
Key Quotation Chapter 3 What this image dose Whats the impression of Gatsby
"In his blue gardens men and girls came" Blue at the time reprseneted This shows Gatspy as being
richness, mystreious. isolated
"aquaplaness over contracts foam" movemnt, romantism and Gatsby is seen as really wealthy
modern combined. since many people at the time
couldnt afford it.
"The air is alive with Chatter and laughter" Personifaction making non Gatsby lives freely especially links
living things come to life to the jazz age everyone living
happly, no deprseeion.
"The light grows brighter as the We get a colour impression, Gatsby hospitality shows
earth lurches away from the sun" kineastic imagery, phatic phallecy that the none living world are
mood of the party is really cheerful appreciating it.
that even the non living world are
experiencing it. Romantism and
realism combined scientificly.
- Go through the rest of the chapter and add 5 more quotes to the list that we done in lesson
- Complete the sheets that we were given and PLEASE DO THE FOLLOWING!!!
Nick as a character
- What he says/dosent say/how he says things
- What others think of him
- Wat he dose
Nick as a Narrator
- The way he presents himself and other characters
- His telling of Gatspy story
- Anything that might be missing or inaccurate